This is a quick list of the smaller “lite” libraries that can be obtained for free. However, we would highly appreciate any small amount and such kind generosity will help support our work 🙂 .
The samples are in compressed ogg format.
Terms for the main instruments
Note that the main instruments are free as in “freeware”. Re-distribution, as is or modified, is not allowed. See the included readme.txt file for details. This restriction does not apply to the instruments released under creative commons.
Creative commons and GPL samples
These are experimental byproducts of our main sampling work, shared for fun, and are not meant to be for sale. Unlike the main instruments, these samples can be freely modified and redistributed. These are released under various creative commons licensing terms as some of these are based on other Creative Commons/public domain samples.
- Ambiguous Guitar Duo
- Slender Salamander Grand Piano
- Looped SSO Instruments
- Phase aligned velocity crossfading grand piano from the Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra
- Tiny Piano 00 SFZ
- More soon…
Gumroad makes it very easy for creators to share or sell their content and only keeps a small 5% +25 cents of each sale. You have to provide your email* address for Gumroad to send you a link. After reaching the Gumroad page, you will have to do the following:
- Put a number in “Name a fair price: $”, 0 to get it free. If zero is entered you wouldn’t be asked for a payment method.
- Press “I want this!”.
- The “Pay” button will appear, press it.
- You’ll be asked for an email address. If you entered a non zero amount, payment options will also appear.
- Press “Get” (or “Pay” if you decided to donate an amount)
- The “Download” button will appear. A download link will also be sent to the provided email address.
*Don’t worry, this does not create a Gumroad account for you. We are also way too busy to bother sending any spam.
Mini preview versions (<10MB)
If for some reason, you need a further reduced version and happen to have an account in Sampleism, feel free to check out the free preview versions from either of the following: